Welcome to the Internet of Things Stack Exchange
The Internet of Things is an umbrella term for automation systems consisting of sensors, data processing and different types of control mechanisms. These applications range from smart cities (parking, traffic management, public transport), farming and buildings (with home-automation and security being the current consumer-facing aspects of the technology).
This site is about both developing these network-connected smart things and using the consumer products that build on this technology.
Find out more about…
- What types of questions should I avoid asking?
- What does it mean if a question is "closed" or "on hold"?
- What topics can I ask about here?
- Why are questions no longer being accepted from my account?
- Why are some questions marked as duplicate?
- Code of Conduct
- Expected Behavior
- How do I find topics I'm interested in?
- How do I format my posts using Markdown or HTML?
- What should a tag wiki excerpt contain?
Reputation & Moderation
- Who are the site moderators, and what is their role here?
- Why is voting important?
- What is reputation? How do I earn (and lose) it?
- Why do I have a reputation change on my reputation page that says 'User was removed'?
- What are declined flags, and what should I do about them?
- How do I write a good answer?
- What does it mean when an answer is "accepted"?
- Why and how are some answers deleted?
- Why are answers no longer being accepted from my account?
- How to reference material written by others