Welcome to the Internet of Things Stack Exchange
The Internet of Things is an umbrella term for automation systems consisting of sensors, data processing and different types of control mechanisms. These applications range from smart cities (parking, traffic management, public transport), farming and buildings (with home-automation and security being the current consumer-facing aspects of the technology).
This site is about both developing these network-connected smart things and using the consumer products that build on this technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about…
- What types of questions should I avoid asking?
- What does it mean if a question is "closed"?
- What topics can I ask about here?
- Why do I see a message that my question does not meet quality standards?
- Why and how are some questions deleted?
- Code of Conduct
- Expected Behavior
- How do I use tags to find topics I'm interested in?
- Why can people edit my posts? How does editing work?
- How does the User Card popup work?
Reputation & Moderation
- Who are the site moderators, and what is their role here?
- Why is voting important?
- What is reputation? How do I earn (and lose) it?
- Moderator Agreement policies
- Who are the staff, and what is their role here?
- How do I write a good answer?
- What does it mean when an answer is "accepted"?
- Why are answers no longer being accepted from my account?
- How to reference material written by others
- Can I answer my own question?
- I accidentally created two accounts; how do I merge them?
- How do I add or remove login credentials from my account?
- I lost my password; how do I reset it?
- How do I delete my account?
- When does Stack Exchange ask for my cookie consent?