I'm a web developer - so IoT is not my speciality at all - and I've been asked to find the cheapest and most efficient way (in this order of priority) to build a gizmo for a sport event (can't be more specific). This is how it should work :
- A Competitor wear a wristband carrying his unique ID.
- At one place there is a terminal which will scan the wristband once in contact, so organizers will know at what time the competitor arrived to this terminal via a web app.
- The Competitor must stay 3secs at the terminal and can't just extend arms forward, they must be at the terminal.
- The Competitor is acknowledged that his wristband has been successfully scanned and can now move to the next terminal. And so on
So my question is, what should I use for the wristband and the terminal knowing that the bracelets are throwaways ?
EDIT - More details :
- Competitors can't have their phone nor any device with them during the event.
- There will be between 40 and 50 terminals max
- I've been asked for the cheapest solution but I don't have a min/max cost and I'm not limited by dev time (must be reasonable though)