I would like to know best alternatives to an Arduino or Raspberry Pi that has to satisfy the following specifications:
- Has BLE (Bluetooth low energy).
- Small size (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kenburns/tinyduino-the-tiny-arduino-compatible-platform-w-s).
- Accelerometer for counting steps like a fitness tracker.
- Affordable price.
- OPTIONAL: 802.11 b/g/n wireless
What I'm looking is something like this:
- Or a Raspberry Pi Zero — but smaller, and with Wi-Fi.
The main idea is to build a small device that will be carried by a patient all the day for tracking his movement and this can connect to internet or smartphone to store his evolution. The device will then upload information via BLE/Wi-Fi to a REST API.
I know that this is what smart bands and smartwatches does, but they only send data onto their own app (fitbit, jawbone, nokia, xiaomi, tomtom, garmin, motiv, moov, misfit, garmin). I would like to pair them with my own application but that's not possible because they don't provide an API or something else to use it.
Also I've take a look at android devices. They almost fit perfect, but not for size and battery duration.
So basically I'm looking for something like a Nordic nRF51 paired with accelerometer and a battery for perfoming activity monitoring.
What devices are available for this?