We are trying to choose the most suitable connection protocol for wearable devices, with the following constraints:
- 300 - 500 devices will simultaneously connect
- About 1 km2 site area—coverage is needed throughout the site.
- Devices are moving
- This is an industrial site, and so there will be concrete and steel obstructions
- At least a 20 kilobyte datarate is necessary.
At the moment we are looking into:
- Bluetooth mesh networking (Bluetooth 5, BLE)
- Nordic proprietary protocol
Has anyone worked with those protocols and in conditions stated above?