I want to query Alexa for the current humidity sensor reading by asking:
"What is the current humidity, Alexa?"
The answer should be similar to:
"The current humidity level is 56.7%"
Here is my setup:
- I have a bunch of ESP8266 with a variety of sensors, which publish the sensor readings via MQTT over WLAN
- The MQTT broker is running on a Raspberry Pi in the same LAN
- I also have NodeRed running on the Raspberry Pi, where I am using the Node-RED Alexa Home Skill Bridge, which works perfectly for sending commands to the different Nodes in my network
What I am looking for:
- I would like to be able to ask Alexa for the current sensor reading of any of my sensors and have her answer with the proper value
- In theory I understand that the Node-RED Alexa Home Skill Bridge at least should provide the oppurtunity to query for the temperature reading of a device, when you are in the US/UK.
- However, although I tried, this doesn't seem to work on my German Alexa
- Futhermore, I would of course also prefer to ask Alexa e.g. for the current humidity directly and not having to misuse the temperature query
Is there any way to achieve what I intend to do, e.g. by using an already existing skill or maybe a NodeRed extension?