I want to build a motion detector that performs a similar service to security services, which notify me upon intrusion and provide video feed. The other main requirement is that I can update the sotware remotely. (For example, I can flash over-the-air a Particle Photon, which is similar to Arduino.) I found this thread and this thread and still have questions on how to proceed.
I would like a board that can:
- take code in C++ or Python
- connect to a Passive Infrared motion sensor
- connect to speakers for a high-pitched sound upon intrusion
- use cellular connectivity if local area network is down
- function for a long time on a power bank if power is down
- be updated remotely, as I mentioned above
- ideally, compress video to save on data usage for upload
I know that people have done this on a Raspberry Pi, but my main requirement is a board for which I can flash the firmware remotely (as far as I know, the Pi and any "normal" computer does not).
Has anyone built a similar system and could give some pointers?