Let's say I have a Linux IoT device running full Ubuntu Server 18.04, and that the "firmware" is written in python.
What are my options for building a logging stack, i.e.
- writing logs from the firmware
- storing logs onto the device (
- rotating and compressing logs onto the device (
- pushing logs to some cloud-based log aggregation service (Splunk?)
- Adding analysis, alerting, and long-term storage layers to these logs
I think that I can use some combination of Python's
syslog-ng, Splunk or Loggly or DataDog, but I'm not quite sure how to tie these all together.