Some known facts whilst working with
mosquittois a Command-Line Interface based broker.
- Broker configuration is possible using
- User Management is possible via a password-file and
- Every change either requires the Broker to be restarted (either using
system) or the docker container needs to restarted OR using
SIGUPon the Process of Mosquitto
- If the Broker is deployed on cloud infrastructure, the administrator has to update the broker everytime and leading to downtimes (although small time intervals)
- If a User Interface is developed for the
mosquittobroker, it would required the UI to access shell access which may require
rootaccess to perform broker restarts or calling the
kill -SIGHUP $pid_mosquittocommands as well as other CLIs (dependent on the way the broker is installed)
- Is there a broker out there that lets users manage the broker's topic + user management plane either via RESTful APIs or via an UI?
- This is critical since it might be easier to handle the broker via such interfaces which
mosquittounfortunately does not provide