Since no one is taking this one on, I'll take a shot at it. :)
Android Google Home App: If you have the Android Google Home app, then follow these steps:
Make sure you're on the same wifi as your Google Home and open the Android app.
Go to the hamburger menu, and go to
Help & Feedback >
Submit Feedback Report (bottom of screen)
Select the device you've had an issue with
Select your correct e-mail address
Write up your report! Include your e-mail address and relevant keywords.
Check the "Include screenshot and logs" box.
Iphone & Ipad: (I'll just quote from the same Google Support page):
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu and then Feedback.
- Tap the device you'd like to submit feedback for.
- In the feedback summary, write a brief description of your issue. Please include any important keywords.
- Be sure to check the boxes next to "Include system data" and "Include Google Account".
- Tap Preview in the bottom right corner to review your feedback.
- Tap Send in the bottom right corner to submit feedback.
But... there's more.
Of course, Google Home being what it is, you ought to be able to send feedback via voice, oughtn't you? The answer is yes. You should be able to... and you can! Simply say the following:
Ok, Google [or, Hey, Google]
And now you can fire away your bug or feedback report by voice.