For questions relating to the security of IoT devices (especially those connected directly to the internet) and how to mitigate these issues or avoid them altogether. Do not confuse this with device safety (If it gets hacked it's a security question, if it explodes it's a safety question).
Use this tag for questions that are about the security of IoT devices (especially those connected directly to the internet) and how to mitigate these issues or avoid them altogether.
The Internet of Things involves objects and entities collectively known as Things. These Things have unique identifiers and the ability to automatically transfer data over a network. As access to Things is over the Internet, security is crucial.
Consider the question check list if your question fits the tag. You can also look at the example questions. If this tag doesn't fit your question have a look below at somehow related tags that might fit your question better.
- Is the question about the security of IoT devices, setups or networks?
- Is the question NOT about safety? (if it burns, it's about safety; if it's hacked, then it's security.)
- Does the question describe clearly what security issue is the concern or is to be avoided?
- How can I check if my IoT devices are infected with the Mirai worm?
- Can I monitor my network for rogue IoT device activity?
- Intercepting the web traffic from an IOT device
- How do I secure communication between app and IoT device?
Not what you are looking for?