In the sea of IoT boards I would like to ask some advice regarding buying a board.
- Should be fast and compact (not Arduino)
- Open source hardware
- Should have Wi-Fi on board
- Should not have Ethernet connection
- Strong enough to run a simple application that streams video data to a remote Wi-Fi storage location
- SDK that runs on Mac
- Strong enough to run motion detection algorithms
- Pricing below 100 US dollars or Euros
- Be able to add extra sensors or modules
Are there any specific boards that meet these criteria?
My ultimate goal is to build a video surveillance tool for my personal use at home. It should be able to get input from a HD camera, run motion detection algorithm and strong enough to save the data stream to a Wi-Fi connected network share. Preferably something with a great SDK/IDE that runs on macOS also.
Ideally, it should also have an open source cloud server to connect the hardware to.